Labels

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Half Marathon Numero Uno


I finally have a second to sit down and write another post. Thank goodness! This past weekend I got the opportunity to run in my first half marathon. For a while now I have been training and getting ready for this race. When December 4th hit, I was beyond excited to go pick up my packet and have a huge dinner with friends for the race the next day. The half that I ran was the White Rock half and I totally recommend it to anyone. It is great for beginners because there are so many people along the course cheering you on and it is just really well put together. So on the morning of the 5th, I woke up at 5:15 to meet with friends at 6 to drive to the race together. It took us literally an hour and a half to get there because so many people were running which was stressful but once we parked my nerves calmed down. Running that race may be on the of the hardest things I have every done. I did not want to walk away from this race thinking I could have gone faster so I pushed myself the whole race. I was able to finish in 1 hour and 54 minutes. One of the greatest blessings about this race was having friends and family there to greet me at the end. Seeing them so excited for me and being able to be excited with my friends who ran with me just made the experience that much more amazing. I cannot wait to do another one.

I hope all of you readers had a great week and for all of us college students, get ready for finals! Study, study, schools your buddy! Have a blessed day!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment