Labels

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Study Study School's Your Buddy

Being a college student the past week has been so difficult. It's that time of year when finals are here and all we can do is study till our brains can't take it anymore. And, if you're like me, even that doesn't do enough to get you the grades you want. Thankfully, grades are not the end all, be all in this world. We have been put here on this earth to love and serve others and while we need to make the most out of every opportunity (such as doing as well as we possibly can in school), we also need to realize that school is not all that we have to focus on. It breaks my heart to hear of people who have committed suicide because of grades. Grades are not what our lives are ultimately about. Do you need good grades to get into certain schools? Yea, but if you work your hardest and don't get those grades, then that's not where you were supposed to be in the first place. So sit back tonight and think how great your life really is. Yea you may have bombed that final but you still have friends around you and a place to call home.


Thanks for listening to me in that last paragraph. I needed to remind myself of that and hopefully remind you of that as well. So after that nice little pick me up, here are a few pictures from this past week. To keep me awake while studying I drank somewhere around 13 cups of coffee at Mugwalls. If you don't know, Mugwalls is the best coffee shop in College Station Texas especially if you are looking for a good drip coffee. Get a bottomless mug because you will definately want a refill and to try all the different flavors of coffee they have. I wish I could say I have a favorite but I truly love them all. The reason it is called Mugwalls is because they have mugs hanging from walls all around the store and you get to pick out which mug you want to drink out of. I feel I picked two of the best mugs in the store and I hope you agree.

Well everyone, as this semester heads to a close, I will be heading back home tomorrow and get to see my family and my friends up at Watermark. I am so thankful to have family and friends excited to see me when I get back and I am so pumped to see them too. Have a very Merry Christmas!

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment