Labels

Saturday, January 22, 2011

I'm Back!

I am finally back after a Christmas break. Over the break, I took a break from writing anything because I did not want to take any time away from hanging out with the family and I honestly just got so busy. Once I got the freedom from school to do whatever I wanted, I dropped all of the good habits that I had gained. But now I'm back and we shall see what happens.

I have this blog not to write for anyone else but to have a place to post my thoughts and that's truly it. I know that writing is a lot easier for me when it's on the computer so it allows me to put my thoughts down easier. It also allows me to put down moments and things in my life that I do not want to forget. So here comes some memories from my past month.

This Christmas had to be on of the best that I can remember. Christmas Eve my parents drove my brother, sister, and I to the AT&T store where my grandparents were waiting for us. The grandparents got us all iPhones for Christmas and I was so surprised. I am so grateful for grandparents who are so willing to get things like that for us grand kids. Christmas morning, I woke up and received from my parents a new coffee maker and a coffee grinder. Exactly what I wanted and I am so blessed that I have such wonderful parents. But the best part about Christmas was being able to spend it with the whole family. The picture below is taken from my new phone of my new toys.

One of my favorite expereinces over the break was a run with my brother. Austin and I started the run by going and putting 20 lbs of rocks in his backpack and I have a backpack with waters, wallets, keys, and phones. We were planning on going a short distance but we ended up talking which helped us not realize how far we had gone. Over 2 hours later, my brother and I finished running over 13 miles. It was awesome just getting the chance to catch up with him and hear about how everything at the Naval Academy was going. It's crazy to see my brother grow up. Here is a picture after finishing all our run.

All in all it was a wonderful break and I am going to miss the relaxation that happened. But now I am entering my finally semester of college. I have no clue what is in store for me after this but I cannot wait to see what happens.

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment