Labels

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Brother is Home!!!

That's right folks, my brother got home tonight for Thanksgiving! It was so fun going to the airport to pick him up. For those of you who don't know, my brother is a plebe (freshman) at the Naval Academy in Annapolis Maryland. He is enjoying his time there even though he says it is very hard. He has wanted to serve his country as a soldier since he was very young and it is so cool seeing him pursue that dream. It has been hard to for me to fully back him in the journey because I don't want him to get hurt. But seeing how happy he is tonight and knowing that this is where he wants to be, I can finally stand behind him fully and get excited for him.

The best thing about seeing him today is the fact that I finally get to talk to him. He and I haven't see each other since June and neither of us are very good at talking on the phone. So having him here is so great even though I know I will hear more about the Naval Academy than I ever thought possible. I love him to death and it will be sad to see him head back on Sunday.

Well I'm heading to bed anxiously awaiting Thanksgiving tomorrow. Remember to reflect on what you are thankful for and have a great day with family and friends.

Carpe Diem

1 comment: