Labels

Monday, November 22, 2010

Reason #1

Reason #1 why I love blogging

One of the many reasons I love having this blog is because every time that I am bored or just need a release, I know that I can come here and write whatever I am feeling/thinking . So here it goes.

First off, this post will let you know a little bit more about me. For one, there are 3 things in life that are bound to cheer me up if I am ever having a bad day. Depending on the day it may take all 3 or it may just take one to lift my spirits.

1)  The first is a good book. I love sitting down to read and just getting immersed in a book. I forget about time and just sit there and read until the end. Last night I finished the third book of the Eragon series, Brisingr, which I highly recommend. One of the best things about these books is the fact that the author, Christopher Paolini, started writing them when he was only a teenage and was on the New York Times best seller list by the time he was 19. As you read these books you get to see the maturation of his writing and his search for what life is supposed to be about. Anyway, I stayed up an hour later than a wanted to because I could not put the book down. Each page sucked me in more and more until I knew I had to finish it. Give me a good book, and my day will just get better.

2) The second is music. Now I am not this music junkie who goes around and finds all of this hidden music no one talks about. I like stuff that lots of other people like and I am OK with that. Who cares if others like it or not as long as I find it good? Right now my favorite two bands are Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers and Ingram Hill. My favorite thing about them is they sound just as good live as they do on their CD.

3) Finally, I love to watch a good sports game. It doesn't have to be a specific sport even though college basketball is hands down the best sport to watch. If I have the time, I love to sit down and watch a good college basketball game and just analyze every play. My favorite team for as long as I can remember is the Duke Blue Devils. I fell in love with them when J.J. Reddick was only a freshman but could hit 3's from anywhere on the court. Since then it has always been a dream of mine to go on and coach basketball even if it is only at the high school level. We will see what happens to that dream but you can bet I will still continue to have a 4 day march madness party with my best friend from back home every year for the first 2 rounds of the tournament.

So there you have it. The three things that can build me up whenever I feel down. One thing that you may find interesting is that there is no mention of people on this list. This may seem odd for those of you who know me since I love hanging out with people. But for me, when I am upset or sad, there is not much that people can say to fix it. I have to work it out on my own for a bit before I am open to having people there to help me. I know that may be something I need to work on for later in life especially when I get married but we shall see what my life looks like at that point.

So for all of you who don't know me very well, that was a look into my life and hopefully you know me just a little bit better. Have a wonderful day and remember to take advantage of every opportunity presented before you.

Carpe Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment